DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 19 TH JANUARY
- Union Government has cleared six FDI proposals worth of Rs 1186.5 Cr.These include four from Pharmaceutical and companies including Sanofi-Synthelabo and Boehringer Ingelheim.
- The cabinet has given its in-principle nod for dis investing government's share from 100% to 75% in 5 principle General Insurance Companies.This five gneral insurance companies include New India Assurance Company Limited,United India Insurance Limited,Oriental Insurance Company Limited,National Insurance Company Limited and General Insurance Company Limited.
- President Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate the 28th Dantan Gramin Mela in West Midnapore,West Bengal.
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chauhan has launched Aanandam program of the newly formed Aanand Department.The main purpose of this program will help the poor people to get their daily commodities like jackets,sarees etc from wealthy people.
- State government of West Bengal has announced the introduction of a new law for Hilsha protection.Under this law one will be tried if they found to be involved in illegal catching,buying or selling of Hilsha fish weighing less than 500 grams.
- Thirty more countries set to join Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) besides 57 founding members as per the Foreign ministry spokesperson of China Hua Chunying.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA) has given its nod for exploring an iron-rich asteroid 16 Psyche as part of its mission to learn history and composition of celestial body.
- The UN Weather agency announced the year 2016 as the hottest year till date.
- India Post Payment Bank and Punjab National Bank signed a MOU for providing technological assistant for Pilot Launch of IPPB on recieving regulatory nod from RBI.
- ICCI Prudential Life Insurance Company has acquired 8.41% stake in Fino Paytech Limited(FPL) for Rs 100 Crore.
- Legendary captain of India Kapil Dev under whom India won its first World Cup has been inducted into Legends Club 'Hall of Fame' at the Cricket Club of India on January 17.
- Indian women Boxers got 6 medals in Nation's Cup,Serbia and finishing 3rd at the competition behind Kazakashtan and Russia.
- Veteran Indian Scientist CV Vishveshwara who is behind the Black Hole Discovery passed away at the age of 78.