DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR: 14TH AND 15 TH DECEMBER
- 69 Th Army Day is celebrated today.Every year 15th January is celebrated as 'ARMY DAY'.This day marks the day in which India's first Indian commander-in-chief ,field Marshal KM Cariappa took over the charge from Lieutenant General Sir Francis Butcher the last British commander-in-chief.
- Gujarat wins their first ever Ranji Trophy beating Ranji giant Mumbai by five wickets in final at Holkar Stadium in Indore.With this Gujarat won T20,one-day and Ranji in Domestic cricket that four team can achieve till date.
- A scheme Digital Dakiya aims at promoting cashless transactions is inaugurated at Indore,Madhya Pradesh. State Finance Minister of Madhya Pradesh Jayant Malliya has inaugurated this scheme,according to him Digital Dakiya or Digital Postman will visit different places across the state to teach and encourage people about cashless transactions and its benefits.
- The annual two day Camel Festival has started at Karni Singh Stadium in Bikaner,Rajasthan.The program has been flagged off by District Collector Ved Prakash .
- Agriculture Ministry has released data regarding Rabi Crops sowing.according to this data Rabi crops have been sown in around six crore sixteen lakh hectares till date which is about 35 lakh hectares more than last year.
- Tamilnadu celebrates Pongal with traditional events.Every year on 14th or 15th January Pongal is celebrated across Tamilnadu.
- India's first Madame Tussauds Museum in Delhi will unveil wax figures of Big B Amitabh Bachchan,Lady Gaga.
- State Government of Kerala has launched state's first solar power boat 'Aditya'.This boat was inaugurated by Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan at Vaicom Boat Jetty Kerala.
- Ecudator took over as chair of Un Group of 134 countries from Thailand.
- The SpaceX Rocket Company has launched Falcon ( vehicle on California Coast from Valdenberg Air Force Base ,California.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India has lowered the broker fees by 25 percent to 15 rupees per transaction of One Crore rupees.
- National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) has declared Rs 54.90 crore worth of prize money to over 3.42 lakh winners of NITI Aayog's Lucky Draw schemes for merchant and consumers.
- Rajeev Singh has been appointed as interim CEO of Prasar Bharati.
- P V Sindhu of Chennai Smashers defeat Saina Nehawal of Awadhe Warriors at Premiere Badminton League Semi-final.
- Alphonce Felix Simbu from Tanzania and Kitur Chepkirui from Kenya won14 th Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon in men's and women's category respectively.
- Former Chief minister of Punjab Surjit Singh Barnala passed away.