DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:21ST JANUARY
- Chief minister of Bihar Nitish Kumar has launched 'Nasha Mukt' campaign to make the people addiction free.About two crore people are likely to participate in human chain formed across the state.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressing Combine Commander Conference(CCC) at Dehradun Military Academy,Uttarakhand.
- State government of Tamilnadu going to promulgate an ordinance to allow people to conduct Jallikattu.
- Kerala Gramin Bank launched a program FI@school to promote financial literacy among school children.
- Central Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Minister Kalraj Mishra inaugurated a workshop on MSME Cooperation among Indian Ocean Rim Association Countries(IORA) at New Delhi.
- Himachal Pradesh CM Virbhadra Singh announced Dhramsala town in Kangra district as second capital of Himachal Pradesh.
- ISKCON's Govardhan eco village in Thane District has been conferred United Nations World Tourism Organisations(UNWTO) awards for innovation and excellence in tourism at Madrid,Spain.
- World Economic Forum(WEF) and UCSB's marine science institute have announced a partnership to improve health of World Ocean and Maritime resources worth of 2.5 trillion Dollar.
- Mr Donald Trump sworn in as the 45th president of United States of America.He was administered the oath of the office by Chief Justice John Roberts.
- Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 75 lakh on Bombay Mercantile Co-operative bank for violations of KYC norms and anti money laundering.
- NITI Aayog has announced that 3.81 Lakh consumers and 21,000 merchants has been declared winners of NITI Aayog's Lucky Grahak Yojana(LGY) for consumers and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana(DVY).
- Union Government has stated that Cooperatives banks are not authorised to accept deposits under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana(PMGKY).