DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:25TH DECEMBER
- Union Government has launched mobile a application 'Smart Consumer' and an 'Online Consumer Mediation Centre(OCMC)' for speedy redrressal of consumer grievences.This was launched by Consumer Affairs Minister 'Ram Vilas Paswan'.
- In order to raise the awareness of Online security and safety measures Department of Consumer Affairs joins hand with IT giant Google and they announced a nationwide year long campaign 'Digitally Safe Consumer Campaign' to protect consumer's interests online.
- A smart Anti-Airfield Weapon has been successfully tested by Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) at integrated test facility in Chandipur,Odisha.Dr. G.Satheesh Reddy(Scientific Advisor to RM and DG(Missile and strategic systems)) has lauded the memebers of DRDO for this achievement.
- On 25th December 'Good Governance Day' is observed by Central Government to mark the birthday of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Good Governance Day will be observed for 100 days from today during which Ministers and Member of Parliaments(MP) will travel across the country and will highlight the Government's key initiatives.
- Union Ministry of Home Affairs has reduced the registration fees for Hindus and other minority communities of neighboring countries(Pakistan,Afghanistan and Bangladesh) to Rs.100 from Rs.15000.The communities include Hindu,Sikhs,Buddhists,Jains,Parsis and Christians.
- Lord's Cricket Ground have selected the top 20 players for this calender year by following the recent release of ICC and Cricket Australia's list of best players of 2016.Indian test skipper Virat Kohli got the no.1 rank followed by Jonny Bairstow while ICC No.1 Test bowler Ravichandran Ashwin got 3rd rank.
- A Christmas tree ,73 meter(238-foot) tall is unveiled in Colombo,Srilanka which is 18 meter taller than the current record holder.This Christmas tree consists of 6,00,000 LED bulbs and topped by a 6 meter tall(20-foot) shining star.