DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:31 ST DECEMBER
- General Bipin Rawat has taken charge of world's largest standing volunteer army'INDIAN ARMY' on 31 st December.
- State Government of Maharashtra has sanctioned disbursement of two crore rupees for improvement of district level sports complexes.
- An Aadhar based mobile app 'BHIM'(Bharat Interface for money) has been launched by PM Narendra Modi at Digi Dhan Mela in New Delhi.This app provide customer digital cash transaction with only a thumb print after the bank account is linked with Aadhar gateway.The name 'BHIM' has been given after architect of Indian Constitution Dr B R Ambedkar.
- Samajwadi Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav has expelled UP CM Akhilesh Yadav ,Ram Gopal Yadav for six years.
- V K Sasikala has taken charge of AIDMK(All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam) party as general secretary.She is sixth general secretary of AIDMK.
- The world's highest bridge has been unveiled in China, connecting two provinces of Yunan and Guizhou in the mountainous south-west and reducing the travel times by as much as three-quarters.
- Sorin Grindeanu has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Romania.He has been appointed Prime Minister by Klaus Iohannis.
- Anil Baijal has taken oath as the Lt Governor of New Delhi on 31 st 2016.
- State Bank of India(SBI) has tied up with Magicbricks.com to conduct joint marketing activities and resurrect the real estate sector.
- Mother Dairy Fruit and Vegetables Pvt Ltd has introduced Aadhar based payment system in its 1000 milk booths and 'Safal' retail stores.
- Prepaid Payment Instrument(PPI) limit of 20000 has been raised by RBI to promote digital payments.
- Indian Test skipper Virat Kohli has emerged as India's Sports Person of the Year 2016 in a poll conducted by India Today.
- Kush Bhagat has won all three gold medals in 1st Western Asia Youth Chess Championships at Al Ain Chess Club,UAE.
- Veteran sports administrator Narinder Batra stepped down as Associate vice-president of the Indian Olympic Association.