DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS:30 TH DECEMBER
- State Government of Bihar has declared 50 Percent reservation in all Judicial services for Extreme Backward Class,Other Backward Class,Scheduled Castes and Schedule Tribes.This reservation will be effective for both Superior Judicial Services as well as Subordinate Judicial Services. According to the state Cabinet Decisions EBCs(Extreme Backward Class) will get 21% reservation OBCs will have 12 percent reservation,SCs(Scheduled Caste) will get 16% reservations and ST's(Scheduled Tribes) will get 1% reservations.
- India's famous dairy product brand Amul has launched 'India 3.0' book.The book was inaugurated by social activist Santosh Desai,Amul's MD RS Sodhi and journalists Indrajit Hazra,Jai Arjun Singh and Rahul Da Cunha.
- Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh has been signed as brand ambassador of Cocacola India. for its Thumps Up brand.The soft drinks company a thematic campaign starring Ranveer Singh in 'Toofani 'series.
- State government of Haryana has signed a MOU with State Government of Andhra Pradesh seeking assistance for compilation of a centralized database 'State Residence Database'(SRDB) for its population that will increase efficiency and effective implementation of welfare program.
- Takam Pario an MLA from 'Peoples' Party of Arunachal '(PPA) in Arunachal Pradesh is likely to be the next Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh.
- 'Alibaba' a renowned e-retail giant from China setting up it's first office in Mumbai , Maharashtra.The Office will be located at Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) in Mumbai .Alibaba provide different model businesses to its customers like consumer to consumer , business to consumer and business to business sales service via web portal.
- Veteran Bollywood actor Rishi Kapoor's autobiography 'Khullam Khulla' will be released on 15th January,2017.The name Khullam Khull has been taken from the famous song 'Khullam Khulla Pyar Karenge Hum Dono'.
- 'World Bhojpuri Conference' kick starts in Varanasi.This event will be held from 29 th December 2016 to 1st January 2017.Participants from 18 countries likely to attend this conference.
- Foundation stone of 'Nadikudi-Srikalahasti Railway Project' has been laid by Railway minister Suresh Prabhu.Other development initiatives also started by Railway minister Suresh Prabhu.
- Public Sector Unit BHEL has commissioned a another 600 MW Thermal Power Plant in Telengana.
- Haryana State Government has set up the India's first digital Investigation and training center in Gurugram,Haryana.
- 'Dangal' in which Amir Khan is starring, has been named as the Best film of 2016 by'Film Companion Critics 'poll in which 23 Indian films were voted. Manoj Bajpayee got the Best Actor for 'Aligarh' ,Alia Bhatt voted as Best actress for 'Udta Punjab' and debutant director Ram Madhvani voted for his film 'Neerja'.
- Union Government has launched an Integrate Voice Response Systems(IVRS) at multiple locations in New Delhi and Mumbai in order to obtain direct feedback from the end users.
- Public sector bank 'Bank of Baroda' signed a MOU(Memorandum of Understanding) with Heritage Foods Limited(HFL) .Bank of Baroda and Heritage Foods Limited will work jointly to provide dairy loans to farmers which help them to increase their productivity and inco0me under these allied activities.
- South Indian Bank has launched a NRI based mobile banking application 'SIB Mirror +' that will enable the customer all necessary banking transactions from their smart phone.
- Veteran sports administrator Suresh Kalmadi stepped down as the Indian Olympic Association's 'Life President'.He appointed Indian Olympic Association's 'Life President' on 27th December,2016.