DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR : 28 TH DECEMBER
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chauhan has launched 'Nagar Uday Abhiyan' rallies across the state.State welfare schemes dedicated for public will be reviewed in these rallies.
- 'Char Dham Highway' development project foundation stone is laid by PM Narendra Modi in Dehradun.An annual pilgrimage to Kedarnath,Badrinath,Gangotri and Yamunotri is called 'Char Dham Yatra'.Under this project 900 kms of National Highway in Uttarakhand will be renovated which involves cost of Rs 12000 Cr.'Char Dham Project' is a tribute to the victims of Flash floods which struck the state in 2013.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief minister Akhilesh Yadav laid the foundation stone of Film,Television and liberal Arts institute at Lucknow,Uttar Pradesh. This institute will be constructed in a land of 14 acres and state of the art technology and world class facilities will be roped in to educate 500 students in film making and other relevant subjects.
- The Reserve Bank of India eases norms for 'Foreign Portfolio Investors' to transact in securities other than shares by allowing them to transact directly. Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs), Qualified Foreign Investors (QFIs), Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) and long-term investors registered in SEBI are allowed to purchase securities on repatriation basis, and subject to such terms and conditions as may be specified by SEBI and the 'Reserve Bank of India' from time to time.
- 'Bank of Maharashtra' has helped the Malangaon village in Sangli district,Maharashtra to go completely cashless after the demonetization move announced by Union Government.
- Digital payment platform 'Paytm' has announced a new 100 member 'Merchant Helpdesk' and declared that it will invest Rs.50 crore to educate merchants to make them accustomed with digital payment systems.
- Union Government of India appoints 'Viral Acharya' as the next Deputy Governor of RBI.The other three currently working Deputy Governors with whom Viral Acharya will join are S.S Mundra, R.Gandhi and Vishwanathan.
- Renowned bollywood actor Akshay Kumar announced as the brand ambassador of Tata Motor's commercial vehicle unit.
- An Honorary Doctorate Degree from Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANNU) has been bestowed upon Bollywood Actor Shahrukh Khan.
- US Astronomer Vera Rubin whose work on Galaxy rotation led to the theory of Dark Matter has passed away .