DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS :22 ND DECEMBER
- Two day meeting on Goods and Service Tax begins in New Delhi to frame the model laws and iron out differences on the issue of jurisdiction over assesses in the new indirect tax regime.In it;s last meeting GST Council has cleared 20 Chapters of the model GST Law and remaining 7 chapters will be discussed today.The union Government has time until 16th September,2017 to enact the GST act as per constitution amendment bill passed by both houses.
- Najeeb Jung resigns from the post of Delhi Lt Governor. He took over as the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi from Tejendra Khanna in july 2013.
- Union Government has approved cadre review and formation of the 'Indian Enterprise Development Service'(IEDS) in the office of the Development Commissioner ,Ministry of Micro ,Small and Medium Enterprises. This creation will help in achieving the visison of Startup India,Stand-up India and Make in India.
- India has surpassed United Kingdom to become Fifth-Largest Economy in the world,as per the report published in Forbes Magazine.
- Gujrat State Government has announced 'Aerospace and Defence Policy-2016' in order to attract investments in the fields of Aerospace and Defence Designs,Development and manufacturing in the State.Investors will be entitled to get 100% reimbursement on stamp duty and registration charges paid for purchase under this policy.
- President of Islamic Republic of Iran Hassan Rouhani unveiled a landmark 'Bill of Rights' which gurantee Freedom of speech,protest,Fair trials and Privacy.
- Japan space Agency JAXA has announced successful launch of a 26-meter long Rocket named 'Epsilon-2'. This rocket is part of a new generation of Solid propellant rockets which can reduce launch costs upto one-third.
- China has launched 'TanSat' a global carbon-di-oxide monitoring satellite by 'Long March 2-D' rocket from Jiuquan Satelite Launch Centre in North-west China's Gobi Desert.
- The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has imposed penalty on five foreign Banks which includes Deutsche Bank and Standard Chatered Bank for alleged violation of instructions on reporting requirements.The other three banks are Bank of America,Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi and the Royal Bank of Scotland. All these banks are fined for violations of 'Foreign Exchange Management Act'(FEMA).
- China has signed an agreement with New Development Bank(NDB) set by BRICS countries.China has approved a 525 yuan loan for a solar power project in China.The project is assigned to 'Shanghai Lingang Distributed Solar Power Project' .This project will be the first project of the BRICS Bank in China.
- This solar project will have the capacity of 100 MW to be built in Lingang Industrial Area of Shanghai.
- Girija Vaidyanathan has been appointed Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu replacing P Rama Mohan Rao. She is currently working as additional chief secretary and commissioner of Land Administration.She also hold full additional charge of Vigilance Co0mmissioner and Commissioner for Administrative Reforms.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has won prestigious 'Sir Garfield Sobers' Trophy after being named as ICC Test Player of the year.He has become th third Indian Player and overall 12 th to win this trophy.He also hold No.1 ranking in ICC test All rounder ranking.
- The legendary female boxer of India M C Mary Kom has won AIBA Legends award at 70th anniversary of AIBA for her boxing carrier.Former Asian games gold medalist Vikas Krishnan also recieved award in this event, he was awarded APB best boxer Trophy(AIBA Pro Boxing).