DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:21 ST DECEMBER
- 'Open Skies Agreement' was signed at International Civil Aviation Negotiations(ICAN) 2016 which was held in Massau, Capital of Bahamas that will allow International flights to fly unlimited times over Six Metro Airports.These six metro airports are Mumbai,New Delhi,Hyderabad,Kolkata,Bengaluru and Chennai.'Open Sky Agreement' was signed with six countries namely 'Jamaica,Guyana,Czech Republic,Finland,Spain and Sri Lanka.'
- India and Kyrgyzstan has signed six MOUs (Memorandum of Understanding) in order to boost bilateral cooperation.These agreements were signed in New Delhi during state visit of Kyrgyzstan President Almazbek Atambaye.
- Union Government of India announces Rs.207 crore project for protection and development of World Heritage Island 'Majuli',located along river Brahmaputra in Assam.[Majuli Island is world's largest river island].
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare won gold in Web Ratna Category in the Digital India awards,2016. Mr. Jitendra Arora ,Director ,e-governance ,at the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare received the award from Mr. Ravi Sankar Prasad ,minister for IT.
- Renowned Tamil poet and philosopher saint Thiruvalluvar is inaugurated in Mela Bhawan premises in Haridwar by Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat.
- India's second Centre of Excellence for Sericulture is set to be launched in Bengaluru.[India's first Sericulture centre was set up in Ranchi by the Central Silk Board].
- Boxing Federation of India(BFI) has been inducted in The International Boxing Association(AIBA) as one of its permanent members.India was suspended in 2012 for some "Possible manipulation"in the erstwhile Indian Amateur Boxing Federation's Elections.
- China has commisioned its first Seven-tonne Civilian Helicopter AC352.This helicopter will have extensive use for operations like search and recue operations , Law Enforcements.[Ac352 is a multipurpose twin Engine Helicopter with a 7.5 tonne maximum take off Height and it's passenger carrying capacity is 16].
- Flock's team messenger for businesses launched World's First Chat operating System 'Flock OS'.This operating system was inaugurated by Flock CEO Bhavin Turakhia.
- Ukraine nationalized it's largest private bank'Privatbank' in order to protect the country's financial system and preserve the essential bail out loan provided by IMF[International Monetary Fund].
- India has received maximum FDI inflows from Singapore in the Financial Year 2015-16 followed by Mauritus.,United States , Netherlands and Japan.India recieved $13.69 bn from Singapore in this Financial Year.