DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : 20TH DECEMBER
- Jaipur Wax Museum' is inaugurated by Bollywood star Govinda on Saturday at the 18th century Nahargarh Fort. Wax sculpptures of around 25 personalities will be housed here ,this include actor Amitabh Bachhan , Famous Rajput king Maharana Pratap and Swai Jai Singh.
- Union Government of India plans to merge some of the tribunals into larger entities to avoid identical functionality.'Cyber Appellate Tribunal' (CyAT) is going to be merged with 'Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal'(TDSAT) as per government sources.
- Former Chairman of Tata Group and Sons Cyrus Mistry quits from all Tata Boards except holding co's.
- Indoia-Nepal Folk Crafts Festival(INCF-2016) begins in Kathmandu on 19th December.It will be a 5day long event.
- International Monetary Fund(IMF) chief Christine Lagarde held guilty over $422m payout .The Court of the Justice of the Republic at Paris ,France faulted Lagarde over her handlings of a dispute between the State and flamboyant businessman Bernard Tapie which ended in a $422 mn award for Tapie.
- Turkey Cop shoots Russian ambassador to Turkey 'Andrei Karlev' at an Art Exhibition in Ankara on Monday which is described by Moscow as "Terrorist Act".[Ankara is the national Capital of Turkey].
- ' SURREAL' become the Merriam Webster's(Famously known for compiling dictionaries) word of the year.The meaning of the word is 'Having the quality of surrealism ;bizzare'.
- World's oldest Water sample has been discovered by University of Torronto scientists. It was claimed that this Water Sample is dating back to Two billion years more than 500 million years more ancient than the previous oldest samples.
- The Reserve Bank Of India on 19th December 2016 announced it will issue new Rs. 50 Banknotes in Mahatma Gandi series-2005, with inset letters L'','R'. Both the number panels will bear signature of RBI Governor Urjit R Patel.
- Employee Provident Fund Organisation EPFO decided to lower the interest on EPF deposits for the current Fiscal to 8.65% from 8.8% provided in 2015-16.EPFO's apex decision making body The Central Board of Trustees(CBT) has taken this decision.
- Andy Murray won a record third BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award.Previously he won this award in 2013,2015.
- Corporation Bank has bagged the SKOCH Silver Award for being No.1 channel Partner of LIC of India for the three Financial Years.'C.K.Gopal' General Manager of the Bank recieved the award in the presence of Nilesh Sathe,memeber of the IRDAI and 'Sameer Kochhar' Chairman of SKOCH Foundation in New Delhi.
- India beats England in the Final match at M.A Chidambaram Cricket Staduim in Chennai and won the Test series by 4-0 .Ravindra Jadeja is named Man Of the Match and India skipper Virat Kohli named Man of the Series.
- Atletico de Kolkata won the Indian Super League(ISL) by beating 'Kerala Blasters' at final.The result was 5-4 for Atletico de Kolkata.
- Justice J S Khehar has been appointed as Chief Justice of India after President Pranab Mukherjee gave it's nod. He will be the First Chief Justice of India from Sikh Community. Justice J S Khekar will be sworn in on 4th January,2017.