DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR : 15TH DECEMBER
FINANCIAL NEWS UPDATES
- The Wholesale Price Index (WPI)- based inflation for November 2016 came in at a five month low of 3.15%, lower than the month of October which was 3.39%.
- Digital payment platform 'Paytm' has announced partnership with National Highway Authority of India(NHAI).Commuters can now pay their payment through Paytm Platform instantly.
- Grocery delivery startup "Grofers" has tied up with YES BANK to deliver cash to customers when they order grocery. They will provide upto Rs 2000 cash upon online order of Rs1000 for grocery.
- India signs USD 5.19 million agreement with IBRD (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development) for addidtional financing to MSME's projects. The agreement was signed by Raj Kumar (Joint secretary of economic affairs) and Junaid Ali Ahmed (Country director of world bank on behalf of IBRD.
- Prime minister Narendra Modi ranked 9th on the Forbes list of "World's most poerful people". The list is topped by Russian president Vladimir Putin for consecutive 4th years, followed by US President elect Donald Trump.
- India-Russia bilateral Naval exercise started on 14th December in Bay of Bengal. This ongoing Naval exercide between these two countries is 9th edition of "INDRA"navy exercise.
- India's Intercontinental Ballistic missile Agni-5 is all set to test launch in it's final operational configuration.This will be final test launch before induction. Upon induction India will be the member of super exclusive club of countries with ICBMs (Inter contineneetal Ballistic Missiles : with a range over 5000-5500) alongside Russia,China,US,France and UK.
- Rajya Sabha passes bill on rights of differentially- abled. There is a provision of two year jail term and maximum fine of Rs. 5lakh.
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) imposes ban on use of glass coated "manja" as the sharp strings pose a serious threat to humans,animals and birds. NGT chairperson Swanter kumar passed the order.
- Indian Railway is getting ready to launch "Antodaya Express".This train was announced by Railway minister Suresh Prabhu. Antodaya Express is an unreserved superfast train will run on high density routes.
- India to provide USD 500000 to UN's emergency respond firm for the year 2016-17.
- 6 th Asia Pacific Ministerial conference on Housing and Urban Development begins in New Delhi.Senior officials from 68 countries across the globe will attend this meeting. This conference seeks to address issues ranging from crowded city centres to peripherial expansion, Urban population growth across metropolitans etc.
- Gujrat's Banaskantha district will have Wagah like 'border viewing points".
- The Central Government has appointed V.K.Sharma as chairman of LICI(Life insurance corporation of india) for the next five years.
- Walter Swinburn ,a renowned jocky passed away.He won 'Epsom Derby Horserace'for three times.