DAILY CURRENT AFFAIR:26 TH DECEMBER
- Foundation stone of Pune Metro Rail Project phase-1 is laid by Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- 'Atal-Amrit Abhiyan',a health assurance scheme is launched by Assam CM Sarbananda Sonwal.This scheme has coverage for six diseases and cover all individuals in eligible families which have annual income below Rs 5 Lakh .
- Famous classical dance of Andhra Pradesh 'Kuchipudi' found a place in 'Guinness World Records' again for the performance of 6,117 dancers together in a show at IGMC Stadium ,Vijaywada , Andhra Pradesh. Rishinath,an adjudicator of Guinness has declared that 'Jayamu Jayamu' dance performed in Kuchipudi style a new world record holder and handed over the certificate to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited(HPCL) will lay foundation stone for India's First 2nd Generation Ethanol Bio-refinery at Tarkhanwala in Bathinda District of Punjab at a cost of Rs 600 crore.
- In a giant leap in India's deterrence capability against external threat India has successfully tested Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Agni-5 (range of above 5000 km) from Abdul Kalam island in Odisha.
- Union Government has launched couple of schemes to pro mote digital transactions'Lucky Grahak Yojana' for consumers and 'Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana' for merchants .
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav give mammoth Rs.52000 push to boost the power sector of Uttar Pradesh.
- In order to promote Aadhar based merchant payment State bank of India (SBI) India's largest lender has adopted 'Shirki' village in Pen Taluka in Maharashtra,under this scheme families of the village will be meet by SBI officials and the families will be enabled with bank accounts after seeding their Aadhar numbers which is prerequisite to make the entire village cash-less.SBI Deputy Managing Director and CIO Mrutyunjay Mahapatra said that the entire village will go cashless within 30 days.
- Five famous reinsurance companies in the world get final nod from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India(IRDA).IRDA has approved the R3 application of Swiss Re,Reinsurance group of America(RGA),Munich Re , Hannover from Germany and French reinsurance major Scor. R3 is the final approval from insurance regulator to open branch operations.
- Pankaj Advani,the sixteen time world snooker champion from India end the year on high note by winning national title in 6-Red Snooker.In final he beat local youngster Ishpreet Chadha 7-4.
- Researchers from Imperial College of London ,UK has discovered world's most heat resistant material 'Hafnium',The melting point of Hafnium is the highest ever recorded for a material.
- Dinanath Bhargava , a co artist in the making of National Emblem'Lion Capital of Ashoka' has passed away.
- George Michael, a singer who rose to fame as a member of the music duo 'Wham' in the 1980' has died on 25th December.